Meet Some of Our Caregivers
Jacci Van Alder
- With Silver Leaf since 2016
- Started caregiving in her teens
- Loves the one-on-one work with clients because she can really get to know their likes and dislikes.
“Getting out can't be only about doctors’ appointments.
There has to be some fun, too.”
- Sixteen years as a Care Giver
- Invaluable experience with Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, Brain Injury, Seizure Disorders and Stroke
- Jim’s passion for helping others is evident in his calm and compassionate demeanor.
- Been with Silver Leaf since 2017
- Experienced in working with elderly clients, and those needing care for chronic illness, dementia, stroke, and end of life care
- Has been in the medical/healthcare field since 2001
“It is such a gift to be able to be part of our clients’ lives… to bring a smile, laughter and hopefully some brightness to their day.”
- Joined Silver Leaf in 2017.
- Has worked in health care since 2002.
- She loves helping seniors feel empowered, as well as working with anyone who has experienced loss or trauma.
“A calm and consistent caregiver can help a client regain their sense of inner strength.”
- Joined Silver Leaf in 2014.
- Spent nearly ten years as a personal trainer, getting to know her clients and helping them achieve the life changes.
- She prides herself on anticipating the needs of each client.
“I know my efforts are appreciated when I see the smile on their faces, the appreciation in their eyes and the warmth of their hug.”
- With Silver Leaf since 2009
- Started caregiving in her teens
- Hired Silver Leaf to help with her mother before coming to work for them
“It was the perfect arrangement. My mother received very personalized care, which she looked forward to, and I was able to get out occasionally, to have a little time for myself knowing she was in good hands.”
- Caregiver to the elderly since 2005
- Enjoys getting to know clients and learning about them
“Caregiving is much more than a job to me. It’s relationship building, it’s connection.”
- Been with Silver Leaf since 2013
- Worked at a facility for seniors with Dementia and Alzheimer's disease
“Since then I have worked with a variety of clients with many diverse needs. I wanted to do something where I could be of help to somebody else.”
- Certified in First Aid and CPR
- She provides respite hours for one family through Howard Center in Burlington
“Caregiving has been a part of my lifelong efforts to nurture and support all ages.”
- Worked with Silver Leaf In-Home care for over 20 years
- Certified LNA since the 1980's
- Specializing in Alzheimer's, dementia and hospice care
- Her passions in life are animal rescue and working with the elderly
- Caregiver to the elderly for 10+ years
- She considers her clients like her family
- Considers this work to be the most rewarding job she’s ever had
- Been with Silver Leaf since 2016
- Working with individuals with diversified needs, including patients with dementia, ICU, Trauma, and Rehab
- She enjoys going into clients’ homes helping to brighten their days
“Each client is so different from the next and I always learn something from each one.”
- She enjoys helping her clients reach their goals
- Years of experience with Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s and stroke
- Began caring for her life-partner twenty years ago providing hospice for him until his death and has been a caregiver ever since
“Though technically considered a senior myself, I thoroughly enjoy what I do and staying active and fit is a big part of that.”
- Working for Silver Leaf since 2003.
- Doing private in-home care for the elderly since 1990.
- Experienced with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, seizures, diabetes, sleep disorders, heart disease.
“I love taking care of the elderly and helping them to remain in their homes where they are comfortable.”
- Silver Leaf since 2010
- Completed an intensive caregiving training program
- 25 years of experience providing private in-home care for the elderly
“I get great satisfaction taking care of the elderly – I especially love listening to their life stories.”
- With Silver Leaf since 2011
- B.A. in Social Work and worked as a children’s social worker
- Worked with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, non-ambulatory patients and stroke victims
“It is so rewarding working one-on-one with the elderly in a home atmosphere. I also like having a flexible schedule so I can teach my exercise classes.”
- 30 years experience in higher education
- Motivated to help people feel good about where they are in life
- Builds relationships between our caregivers and clients
“The smallest of steps can often
help a client take a giant leap toward
where they need to be next.”
- With Silver Leaf since 2015
- Over 20 years of caretaker experience
- Over 30 years of travel experience
- Master's degree in Cultural Tourism/Culinary Anthropology
“My job is to make your vacation
a success! I look forward to
traveling with you!”