Silver Leaf has been offering estate organization services by request since about 2000. We see this as an extension of the in-home care we provide, another way to ease the burden and work for families of clients. This can include a range of services:
- Transporting a client to a local or distant nursing facility
- Inventory and sale of antiques, furnishings and valuables
- Cleaning, home repairs and renovations
- Managing a property when it is offered for sale
- Liaison with estate trustees
Managing Property and Possessions
When one of our clients can no longer live at home, it can be overwhelming for family to deal with their property. This is especially true for those who live out of state. If someone has lived in their home 40 or 50 years, or there are a number of antiques and collectibles, it’s hard to know where to start.
“Living abroad posed a daunting task in my need to deal with all of the issues concerning my parents’ estate. Silver Leaf, with their superlative skill set, was the answer to solving my dilemma. Their numerous local contacts and sense of the do’s and don’ts presented me with options that helped me through a difficult time. Silver Leaf’s approach was professional, smart and dignified.”
— Peter L., St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands, son of client
The Silver Leaf team will inventory and catalog a houseful of possessions, from attic to basement. We work with the reputable local antique dealers, as well as jewelry and art appraisers. We make sure the family has a chance to select items they wish to keep, and we will arrange shipping if needed. We meet with appropriate professionals to ensure maximum proceeds when it’s time for an estate sale.
Once the home’s possessions have been dealt with, we can help get the property ready for sale. We will recommend a realtor if needed, and be available to the client until the home has been sold.
Estate Organization Services include:
- Estate sales
- Garage sales
- Consignment shop deliveries
- Hiring and supervising house cleaners/ organizers
- Hiring contractors for home repairs/painting/renovations
- Shipping furniture, heirlooms to out of state family members
- Working with trustees or estate lawyers
- Selecting a local realtor
- Liaison with realtor for house showings